Doll review: Barbie fashionistas curvy "Sweetheart Stripes"

Hello doll lovers! What have you been up to?

It's been a busy week for me, as I had two papers due for next week, so I had to spend tons of time studying and researching information. But finally, I manage to finish those projects on time, so I could get some time to do a small doll review.

Today I'm going to review one of the new Barbie Fashionistas: Sweetheart Stripes. This doll has the new curvy body, and you might now at this point how excited I am about this new bodies, so it's no big surprise I really wanted to get my hands on this one. I have already written a review about the petite body "Crazy for Coral", and you can read it here in case you missed it. 



This Fashionista box is not very different from the other one. The shape is the same and it's mostly clear plastic. On the top right corner it says "Curvy", despite the petite one didn't say "Petite" anywhere.


The back of the box is exactly the same, so I don't think it's necessary to show you. On the bottom right corner we can see this picture of three fashionistas.


I don't like the fact that she's wearing the sunglasses, because you can't inspect her face properly unless you open the box. And that's what I'm going to do



Finally, she's out of the box.


 She has a cute face, but I must admit she looked cuter on the promo pics. 


Her hair is mainly black, but the top and front part of her hair is blue. In the promo pictures, it looked to me that her hair was mainly blue, but nevermind.



Her hair doesn't look as bad as I expected, but it needs to be styled.


 Her outfit is quite nice. She wears a black peplum top with stripes and pink accents and a dark jean skirt with pink seams. 


 I realize in this picture that she's quite flat chested, and the "curves" are more concentrated in the hips area. It's not that I'm upset with this, but I think this doll could use bigger breasts.

She wears this wedge black shoes. I think this type are called Mary Janes in english, but I'm not sure.


Let's compare Sweetheart Stripes with Crazy for Coral. You can appreciate a big difference in height, but that's also because Crazy for Coral has flat feet.


As Crazy for Coral, this doll lacks of articulation, which limits a lot the poses she can make. I really hope this new bodies get an articulated version soon.



 I think that, despite the lack of articulation, this doll is quite nice. As many of the new fashionistas, this doll has a lot of personality. I really wish to see more of this doll, like, let's say, an articulated Style Luxe version.


What do you guys think about this new dolls? Have you added a curvy girl to your Barbie collection?

Blog to you soon.

M.C.   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Doll review: Barbie Looks model 12 (curvy)

Retro Review: Barbie Travelin' House playset (1995)

Doll Review: Barbie Made to Move redhead